ABOUT FOODWORLD MEDIA AGRO EVENTS
The FoodWorld Media agro industry events are agriculture and agri-business focused conferences and trade fairs that provide high impact networking, educational and trade platforms to sub-Sahara Africa region’s agro industry stakeholders.
With a regional focus, these agro industry events seek to unearth the opportunities and tackle some of the challenges that are unique to the region.
These events are aimed at achieving the following:
- Improving farm productivity through the adoption of innovative practices and technology
- Building up capacity of the industry players to boost the quality of agro produce from Africa
- Provide forums that seek to improve the policy and regulatory environment that are shall unlock Africa’s potential to produce, process and market its produce
- Boost value addition and open up new avenues for market access for raw and processed foods
- Enable networking and trade opportunities, including intra-African trade, between the various stakeholders
FoodWorld Media agro industry events are targeted at the following stakeholders:
- Small, medium and commercial farmers
- Suppliers of agrochemicals, inputs, equipment, packaging and services to the agro industry
- Researchers, academicians and students
- Regional, state and county Government ministry and regulatory agency managers and professionals
- NGOs and development agency managers
- Agro-processors and packers
- Marketers, exporters, importers, distributors and other stakeholders
In 2016, we plan to have the following agro industry events:
African Agro-Tech Summit Conference & Expo – August 31- Sept 2 2016 – Nairobi, Kenya
This pan-African conference and expo is the ultimate high-level conference that seeks to uplift Africa’s productivity; tackle policy and regulatory, value addition and market access barriers; and seek ways to boost sustainability and reduce effects of climate change in Africa. More info HERE
Nairobi Agro-Tech Farmers Expo – March 18-19, 2016 – Nairobi, Kenya
Nairobi is the door into Eastern Africa. The regional trade fair that is expected to draw agro industry stakeholders from the greater Nairobi metropolitan area, the rest of Kenya and Eastern Africa at large.
Central Kenya Agro-Tech Farmers Expo – October 6-7, 2016 – Thika, Kenya
In its second year, this expo targets the highly productive and important Central Kenya region of Kenya, the country’s largest producer of horticulture, coffee, dairy and cereals and tubers.